Hanging towel warmer on Paramount partition

CLF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I've done a search and can't find anything so apologies if already posted before.

I'm looking to mount a towel warmer over the bath on a paramount partition. Weight of tw not known buts it's 940 high x 500 wide.

Will the partition take the weight OK with appropriate fixings (toggle type I presume) or do I need to insert a couple of battens to support the weight?

I'm tiling the wall so damage isn't a problem.

Also is it best to tile around the brackets or can they be fixed through the tiles?

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I've done a search and can't find anything so apologies if already posted before.

I'm looking to mount a towel warmer over the bath on a paramount partition. Weight of tw not known buts it's 940 high x 500 wide.

Will the partition take the weight OK with appropriate fixings (toggle type I presume) or do I need to insert a couple of battens to support the weight?

I'm tiling the wall so damage isn't a problem.

Also is it best to tile around the brackets or can they be fixed through the tiles?

Appropriate fixings will take the weight, as long as no boisterous children try to use it as a ladder / climbing frame etc. but if unsure then some battens would be a solid fixing. I would use the fixings that expand with a gun on that type of wall, see http://www.plasplugs.com/fixings-cavity-anchor.html Best to fix them thru the tiles.

Thanks for the prompt and very useful replies Chri5.

Kids have grown up now so shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back