Hannspree monitor problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems with my monitor when I first turn it on. The screen comes on as normal, but then after 3 seconds the screen goes black. The indicator LED stays blue to indicate the monitor is turned on. I then have to turn the monitor off and back on to get the screen to come back on, but it again goes black after 3 seconds. I have to do this off - on procedure anywhere between 5 and 25 times after which it finally comes on and stays on. It'll then be absolutely fine all day!?!?

Has the monitor had it?

Sponsored Links
I've just tried something I hadn't previously - i've shut down my pc and then turned it back on straight away. No problem doing that. It seems it only happens when the pc has been off overnight.

Its almost as if the monitor needs to 'warm up' before it'll work properly...?

Sounds to me like a dry contact in the circuitry of the monitor. When the monitor goes black do get a very faint silhouette of what was on the screen prior to it going black? Possibly dry contact affected by heat on power to the backlight.

Sounds to me his monitor is dying.. would you say you've burnt all them hours off on the desktop light? that's what happens.

Sponsored Links
Back