Hansgrohe Axor Starck Basin Mixer dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hansgrohe Axor Starck Basin Mixer (part number 10313000) is dripping water from the spout.
1711976025669.png

it's has been fitted over 20 years ago and I suspect that cartridge need to be replaced.
The problem is that I do not seem to be able to figure out which cartridge and how to remove the old one.

1711845308510.png

1711845425484.png

If I understand correctly I need to remove the 25mm extension in order to get to the shut-off valve (part 94009000 on the drawing below), but I am not sure how to do it as the actual part looks slightly different from extension (no.14) or the handle adaptor (no 4) on the diagram above.

1711846690086.png

Photo of the actual part is below but it does not have any grooves for he spanner.
What am I missing?

photo1.jpg

If anyone is familiar with this mixer any advice would be highly appreciated, thank you !

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What sort of water heating do you have. If is not a combi boiler then diagnosing which valve is simple enough, turn off water at the stop cock open another cold tap to relieve the pressure then see if the dripping stops. If not then then it is the hot valve leaking. Personally if you can work out how to remove them then I would replace both after 20 years. Unfortunately I cannot help with how to do it. My guess would be the extension comes out with the cartridge but just a guess, the exploded view is not particularly helpful.

It’s cold water tap, but yes if I figure out how to remove them, will replace both.
It’s in the flat we let out so need to fix it for tenants.

Just need know for sure how to remove it safely without messing it up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back