Hansgrohe select thermostatic shower valve temperature query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently installed a Hansgrohe select concealed shower valve. I set the max water temperature as per instructions, I set it just over 40 degrees, about 42. The shower has been in use a month or so and was fine. But a few days ago I noticed it wasn’t getting up to temperature, it was only tepid on maximum. Checked water temp at basin and that was nice and hot so today I took the valve apart to check the cartridge etc, as I wondered if any debris had got in there from the new plumbing I did which is all copper with soldered joints. Other than a small amount of grit it all appeared in order, from what I could see anyway, the cartridge doesn’t appear to be serviceable other than the o rings. So I’ve built it back up and adjusted the temperature again, it is now set at maximum but only just achieves 40 degrees. For reference I checked the basin hot water temp and that was 51 degrees. Now 40 degrees is enough, I do prefer it more like 42, but I’m nearly sure when I first installed it I had to turn the temperature down as it was too hot. So I’m wondering if the thermostatic valve is faulty in any way ? Just seem odd that it was fine and then all of a sudden it wouldn’t get hot. I bought the valve off eBay from a private seller, it was brand new but obviously won’t have any warranty. Any help much appreciated. Andy

IMG_5650.jpeg

IMG_5648.jpeg

71110795117__6897CDEE-33FF-4823-8A3D-C6B3B89A81A9.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Gone cold again FFS, removed the valve and opened the isolation screw to check that hot water was getting to the valve….it was, as I’m **** wet though with hot water. So looks like it must be the cartridge, but at 1 month old surely not ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back