Happiness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it OK for someone to be dependent on you for their happiness, or should they be happy anyway? Is it right for you to be dependent on someone for your happiness?

Sponsored Links
By your use of the word "dependent" I think you are prompting for the answer "no"

Had you asked if it is OK for one person to bring happiness to another, you would have got the answer "yes"

JohnD said:
By your use of the word "dependent" I think you are prompting for the answer "no"

Had you asked if it is OK for one person to bring happiness to another, you would have got the answer "yes"

Yes, I think what you said is what I meant. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
notb665 said:
Is it OK for someone to be dependent on you for their happiness, or should they be happy anyway? Is it right for you to be dependent on someone for your happiness?

It depends what makes you happy ;)

well some of the things that make me the most happy Definatley depend on another person ;)

Are some people only happy when they are unhappy or making someone unhappy:confused:

Ohh well got to go,nurse is calling me medication time :D

corgiman said:
well some of the things that make me the most happy Definatley depend on another person ;)

Only one other person? :LOL:

splinter said:
Are some people only happy when they are unhappy

Well, it's because they want to feel something, and bad things are easier. Garbage sang "I'm Only Happy When It Rains"; and have you seen the film "Fight Club"? It's all about how a man turns to more and more extremes to get a feeling of some kind.

personal opinion?...the use of the word 'dependent'....makes it go sideways, I dont think another person CAN be solely responsible to make you happy. If someone was that dependent on me....after while I would probably start feelin resentful and feeling like they were a burden. (course thats just me) :LOL:

mlb3c said:
personal opinion?...the use of the word 'dependent'....makes it go sideways, I dont think another person CAN be solely responsible to make you happy. If someone was that dependent on me....after while I would probably start feelin resentful and feeling like they were a burden. (course thats just me) :LOL:

Maybe thats what makes some people happy ;)

ban-all-sheds said:
Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.
tut tut, thin ice ban. thats advertising! not only that, but its very illegal advertising too! why is it still here?? mod 4? anyone? [/sarcasm]

and everyone in the world depends on someone or something for something. we dont make our own electric, we dont make our own food etc. these things all make us happy. we are all dependants on each other.

people depend on me getting up at 5 every morning to open the shop so they can buy gas and electric cards and milk and bread. they cant all have their own shops or make their own milk. my shop depends on the suppliers of the above products. the list goes on.

Sponsored Links
Back