"Happy Egg Co." advert..

False advertising? or just harmless fun?

• what a load of cobblers...

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • of course they have drivers for the chickens..that's why the eggs cost so much

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the advert winds me up..

it's for a free range egg company, and shows a farmer bombing about on a quad with a chicken on the back, he pulls up in the barnyard and asks "who's next?".. the tag-line is "Just one of the things we do for our hens.."

quite obviously it's cobblers and should be done for false advertising, there is no way in hell that they take chickens on quad bike rides to keep them happy... ..

Sponsored Links
there is no way in hell that they take chickens on quad bike rides to keep them happy... ..

No, the truth is quite sad. :(

They are packed onto the farm trailer and pulled around by the farm tractor over bumpy terrain, packed tightly together and all they see is the farm buildings and the egg packing plant.

Shocking.

I've got four rescue battery hens. The condition that they were in when we picked them up was disgusting. They are free range now, as happy as...well, chickens in sh*t I guess, laying eggs like nobody's business, fully feathered and so obviously happy.

The way that animals are generally treated in the food chain is appalling.

I've got four rescue battery hens.................. laying eggs like nobody's business.

We have friends with 6 rescued birds but these were in fine fettle and like yours laying profusely.

Sponsored Links
as a side note, anyone else noticed that free-range eggs tend to crack easier? they obviously don't get the same amount of calcium etc, that barn hens do..

They do if you feed them right. The only difference should be the vivid colour of the yolk in a free range compared to a battery egg.

I told you them chickens was organised!!

we have 4 chickens and yes they will happily stand on your hand and love to be around us when we are with them, so it is quite possible that they would ride on the rail of the bike as they would soon become oblivious to a regular sound.

We get eggs once a month from our friends and the kids always remark on the bright yokes. Is it more difficult to remove the shells?

bolo said:
Is it more difficult to remove the shells?

I assume you're talking about shelling a hard boiled egg. It is difficult to shell a FRESH egg. If you crack one raw, you'll see that the white is thick and gooey. It clings to the yolk like a lump of soft jelly. If you boil such an egg, the white bonds to the inside of the shell, making it difficult to peel off.

Now try cracking an old egg and watch how the white runs freely across the plate. It has turned into a much thinner liquid which, when boiled, has little grip on the shell. (Delia Smith)

PS: I haven't seen the advert but it sounds ridiculous.

The colour of the yolk depends on dlet, our rescued are free range ln my large garden, yes, they are a bugger to shell when bolLed fresh, they stlLL have egg whlte attached, so we feed them back to them.

coljack, sorry you wrong that freerange don't get calclum enought, freerange ls so the blrds get enought for thelr needs, yes, the shell ls thlnner, how lt should be.

Tesco have a colour chart for thler yolks, then the farmer feeds the approprlatte dlet.

quite obviously it's cobblers and should be done for false advertising, there is no way in hell that they take chickens on quad bike rides to keep them happy... ..

And why not?

When our kitchen is dirty this big guy with a cape and coloured safety glasses comes flying in and gives the missus a bottle of stuff!
And when the grandkids get beans on their clothes this bird appears and does the washing for her. ;)

And why not?

When our kitchen is dirty this big guy with a cape and coloured safety glasses comes flying in and gives the missus a bottle of stuff!
And when the grandkids get beans on their clothes this bird appears and does the washing for her. ;)

ive never been in your kitchen,

and you know heart of hearts it wasnt me, becuase i had a mask on :oops:

sorry :oops: :oops:

And why not?

no, but then again those adverts aren't claiming that the man in the cape or the woman will turn up... they are making claims about their product..

on the other hand the egg commercial clearly claims that it's one thing they do to keep their chickens happy...

Sponsored Links
Back