Hard case for Parkside drill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I just bought this from Lidl,

but it doesn't come with a hard case. I don't particularly want a standard tool bag or toolbox as I like the briefcase style drill case that many drills come with. So I'd like to buy a drill case to put it in. There are empty drill cases on ebay for other brands like Makita and Bosch, but because they have cutouts, I don't know if or how well my drill, charger, battery and handle would fit. Are there any you think might work?

Sponsored Links
Checkout the Dewalt cases on eBay. They have a case that has foam made up of loads of squares; just dig out the squares to fit your drill.

Checkout the Dewalt cases on eBay. They have a case that has foam made up of loads of squares; just dig out the squares to fit your drill.

Thanks but I only found one Dewalt with removable foam squares and it's £33. I only want to spend up to half that. But your suggestion of the foam is a good idea, as Maplins do a silver flight case I might go check out. I'll take my drill along but it's probably going to be a tight fit.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/small-flight-case-with-foam-interior-n50fu

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There's always the option, yes.

So I bought a case from Maplins for £14.99 and it all fits great. After these pics, I sat a box of drill bits on top and the lid still closes easily. (y)

Drill case 1.jpg
Drill case 2.jpg

Seems very decent, yeah. I haven't used it much yet, but it seems solid and is quite a high spec for £39.99.

Torque is 40 Nm, 18v 1.5Ah battery, 20 torque settings, hammer, 0-440 rpm, 0-1650 rpm, 26400 bpm. Comes with a screw on handle for left and right side, and has an led light underneath. Feels good in the hand.

Could you have spent £55 and got a drill that comes with a case though? lol

Where are you going to chuck your drill bits etc in that case (as nice as it looks now)??

Could you have spent £55 and got a drill that comes with a case though? lol

Where are you going to chuck your drill bits etc in that case (as nice as it looks now)??

Believe me, I looked around. Find me a drill for £55 with the same spec as this Lidl drill. You won't find one with 40Nm torque and the same rpm and bpm speeds I listed above for under £100+. The Black and Decker EGBL188K comes close but has no screw on handle, no LED, 38Nm torque,0-400rpm, 0-1350rpm, and 20,250bpm, and it's more expensive than £55. Arguably, the Black and Decker may last longer as it's a known reliable brand, but tbh, for the small amount of use mine will get, I'm not worried.

Also, I've got a small box of old drill bits that sits nicely on top and the lid closes with no problem whatsoever.

Certainly it would be nice to have a Bosch. But how does it outdo mine when everything about it is lower speed, smaller battery and lower torque?

how does it outdo mine when everything about it is lower speed, smaller battery and lower torque?

Firstly, the "no load speed" means almost nothing. How the drill performs under load is where the real test is. But they can't give figures for that because there's too many variables. I have used/broken cheap 18v drills in the past and trust me, the little Bosch 10.8v has more torque than them.

Gaz :)

how does it outdo mine when everything about it is lower speed, smaller battery and lower torque?

Firstly, the "no load speed" means almost nothing. How the drill performs under load is where the real test is. But they can't give figures for that because there's too many variables. I have used/broken cheap 18v drills in the past and trust me, the little Bosch 10.8v has more torque than them.

Gaz :)

Bah, I wish I knew that before I bought this one then. Ah well, at least I get a screw on handle. :p
Still, I'm sure for my purposes, as I don't do a lot of DIY, that this Parkside will be fine. I would have preferred a dedicated case though. Although I'm not sure if all cases accommodate drill bits?

I have the blue range of the GSB 10.8v drill, and I can tell you it can drill alot further then 6mm into masonry. When I have to use a rawlplug I normally drill as far as the drill bit will go and it doesn't struggle at all. Having the larger 4ah battery helps alot when masonry drilling as the battery lasts so much longer then the normal 1.5ah battery

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back