hard new shoes

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Got m'self a nice smart pair of leather shoes, wore them round the house a few times to help them mould to the feet, have now been wearing them outside and although the size and shape seem OK, they are still very hard around to top and uncomfortable on the ankle (there is no padded cuff or anything). I only realised how stiff they are, when I wore another new pair of the same make, in a similar style but a softer leather).

short of weeing on them, any tips for softening or moulding them for better comfort? I have worn them too long to take them back now.

Sponsored Links
but it's the top of the shoe, round the ankle :( that digs in.

the foot part is not tight.

Sponsored Links
Batter them down with a hammer, then straighten them back up and repeat the process a number of times. This will make them nice and comfy, though they may end up looking like they've been battered with a hammer. But at your age....who cares. :LOL:

I dread wearing a brand new pair of work boots, it's like walking on the moon but then after about a week things start to soften up :)

Get a course of diuretics from your doctors, to reduce the swelling of your ankles, shoes might fit better then.

Wotan

any swelling is due to the circulation and soft tissue being damaged when it was smashed.

View media item 6924
the shoes are hard and uncomfortable even when it is not swollen.

Sponsored Links
Back