Hardcore for patio of paving slabs...advice please ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...I would like to lay a small area as a patio of paving slabs...the area in question is a small area of 3m x 3m...half of the area is old and cracked but relatively intact concrete and the other half has been dug out and so is earth at the moment...I`m going to put a small covering of about 2 inches of hardcore over the earth area to raise it to the level of the old concrete and use the area as a base to lay the slabs on as a patio.

My question is can I use old and virtually whole paving slabs as hardcore or ought the slabs be broken up in small pieces as a kind of hardcore crust or doesn`t it matter at all...? ...I have a whole load of old though complete slabs that I want to use for hardcore.

Hope somebody can help with this small.but to me,important issue...just want to do it right first time.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have been advised to break all the slabs up...so unless anybody has any advice to the contrary I shall begin...

"let the games commence" ... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back