Hardener and paint with handheld sprayer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - im looking to spray some kitchen cabinet doors with a durable paint finish as will be in my van conversion. Does anyone know if any of the small handheld electric paint sprayers like the Wagners can spray a paint & hardener mix you’d normally use a compressor setup for?

Sponsored Links
Hi all - im looking to spray some kitchen cabinet doors with a durable paint finish as will be in my van conversion. Does anyone know if any of the small handheld electric paint sprayers like the Wagners can spray a paint & hardener mix you’d normally use a compressor setup for?

I use a Fuji HVLP turbine to spray those kinds of paints (I don't have a compressor with a large enough air reservoir). My turbine has hoses and the gun.

If you are talking about a "proper" handheld, it should be fine given how thin 2K paints are. I guess you will be using cellulose to clean the gun?

I don't own a handheld. They seem to fall in to two camps, airless and XHVLP. When working with the airless, you will need to move the gun very, very quickly. The XHVLP/HVLP may be more forgiving speed wise.

Another consideration is that many units will have differing nozzles or needles depending on the viscosity of the paint. No one unit, without different nozzles/needles will be able to spray all materials.

What is your budget?

BTW, 2K paints often have isocyanates. They are pretty dangerous. I have used them over the years without sufficient clean air supplies. I am pretty sure that 400 or so hours using them had more of a negative impact on my lungs than 30 years of smoking.

They have been documented cases of them triggering asthma in people that had never previously displayed any symptoms...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back