Hardest DIY jobs

I'm reasonably good a most things, but the one thing that totally baffles me is the wiring for the hall and landing, where you can switch on a light downstairs, then go upstairs and turn it off.
That's not too bad. Add and extra switch though (3 way switching) and that can start to play with your head!

Rendering/plastering is my Achilles heel. Woodwork is ok but I'm really slow - measuring 3 times etc!

Sponsored Links
Muddymike has my sympathy. I changed the heater matrix on my 1989 audi coupe. Had to strip out the seats to get dash out then take everything else out right down to the bulkhead. There was only one thing left you could take out of the car.. the matrix assy. But it didn't stop there, I then had to dismantle an undismantleable assy on the bench and fit a new core. I was so
Knackered after 8 hours I had to get the wife in to get the dash back.

Me too..Done that job on a Capri...being upside down for many hours, trying to work spanners the wrong way, is confusing, while all the time the stench of chemical/stale water hanging in your nostrils..

It's truely the heart of the car.

I built a 4x4 remote controlled car once. I wasn't expecting EVERYTHING to be from scratch..

Once built, it was faulty, as the diff was wrong, which was the first item assembled? Yup the diff. DOH! In hindsight a 4x4 RC car is useless, as it uses twice the battery power.

fitting ikea kitchen nightmarejavascript:emoticon(':evil:')

Having designed and fitted our Ikea kitchen about 15 months ago i have to disagree. It was really easy. The only down side was cutting the worktops with the router/jig because they are non standard depth which the jig doesnt cater for.. Apart from that it all went in like a dream.

I've never tried something I couldn't finish, but i've never tried plastering and plan on it staying that way. For me thats just one of those things that you get a man in for.

This weekend i'm going to be insulating/boarding the loft, installing loft ladder, install an extractor fan in the bathroom and in the summer will be redoing the whole bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Putting up the Ikea 'Krabb' mirrors (Those curvy ones)

Right pain in the backside. Everything has to be pretty much mm perfect, otherwise the damned things dont fit up right.

Never want to put any of those up again!

Back