Hardiebacker Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just took delivery of 31 hardiebacker 500 boards that I was planning on using for preparing the bathroom for tiling. The delivery driver has just worried me a bit as he said I shouldn't be using that amount of boards in an upstairs bathroom due to their weight.

Is it fine to use these in an upstairs bathroom? The combined weight will be 427.8kg along with another 840kg of porcelain tiles, adhesive and grout.

I have three stud walls to fix them to which is pretty straight forward but I also have a brick wall. For a brick wall Hardie say to use several beads of grab adhesive and then fix with screws. This is fine if the wall is perfectly flat and plumb but if I need to level it slightly can I use tile adhesive combined with screws to fix it to the wall?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Richy

Sponsored Links
Seems like a big bathroom?

Use cementitious powder adhesive to fix boards to masonry.
And drill, plug and screw after the adhesive firms up, and the boards are set and plumbed.

When using BB's make sure that all surfaces are in plane and plumb. And that all inside corners are made at true ninety degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back