Hardly any hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I hope someone out there can give me advice. A few days ago I had a bad leak from inside the bathroom shower unit. Bought a new shower but when ex hubby went to fit it the electric wires inside were not long enough - aparently the set up inside the shower had all the bits on the other side. He managed to just connect the water pipe and so the leak was stopped. Unfortunately the wires are sticking out the top with the power off. That is just my first problem.....I'm presuming there is some sort of extension or junction box that I can buy to connect this up properly?...if someone could confirm I'd appreciate it. I also have another problem since this has been done - hardly any hot water throughout the house. The bath will run about 4 inches hot water. Kitchen seems to splutter for about 5 seconds and then nothing, not a drop of any water coming out any of the hot taps after I've run a small amount off. Although if I leave it for hours I can then get a little more out. It doesnt seem to be filling up the tank? If I connect my shower up properly will this cure the hot water problem or are they not related at all? Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)

Sponsored Links
Ye gods :eek: If this is an electric shower, then it needs a new length of cable (correctly sized) going from the shower unit to the ceiling pull switch....nothing else will do!
As for your hot water problem, an air lock is the most likely...there are some tips on how to deal with this in the FAQ's, I think.
Some details of your boiler system would help!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back