Harming children for no good reason

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand why some are denying it.

There clearly are people who milk the system - and I agree the fault lies with the benefit office staff and those who make the rules and don't care about the tax payer.

After all, whoever decided in the first place, that £500 per week tax-free should be the limit, was clearly not someone on the minimum wage, was it?
It was obviously someone earning enough to think that £500 per week tax-free isn't very much.

As for those deniers here proposing unlimited benefit payments - well - are they one of the milkers?

What other reason can there be? Although arguing here isn't going to alter anything, is it?

No.

But:

Yes.
Oi, please don't change my posts!

And am not disagreeing that there are plenty of folk out there on benefits who really shouldn't be. But I don't find it helpful that the general tone is to look down on folk who are on benefits - it's human nature to be greedy and if a system allows for some bad eggs to milk it then it's the system that's broken.

What I don't like to see also is the blanket changes by the government. Am all for folk being forced into working a few hours to continue claiming if they are able to work, but I don't think it works as a black and white situation, esp with disabled folk. There were too many people out there, genuine people who needed help being left in serious poverty.

There clearly are people who milk the system - and I agree the fault lies with the benefit office staff and those who make the rules and don't care about the tax payer.
I'm pretty sure that benefit office staff have no effect on system-milking MPs sponging off the expenses rules laid down by MPs.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure that benefit office staff have no effect on system-milking MPs sponging off the expenses rules laid down by MPs.

What's your point? Benefit recipients should be allowed to cheat cos MP's fiddle their expenses?

What's your point? Benefit recipients should be allowed to cheat cos MP's fiddle their expenses?
What's your point? MPs should continue to get away with it but you want to drive increasing numbers of families and children into poverty?

There clearly are people who milk the system

And tax-dodgers, MPs and the DUP get away with much more than the poor do.

What's your point? MPs should continue to get away with it but you want to drive increasing numbers of families and children into poverty?
How exactly is giving people free money "driving them into poverty"?

No they don't. A handful of people claiming a few hundred quid for duck ponds is still nothing compared to the thousands wasted through profligate benefits spending. EU politicians' expenses on the other hand... ;)

No they don't. A handful of people claiming a few hundred quid for duck ponds is still nothing compared to the thousands wasted through profligate benefits spending. EU politicians' expenses on the other hand... ;)

A billion pounds to the DUP, so that a London woman can stay in the house she moved into last year?

How much tax did pig-boy and his dad dodge by hiding their money in Panama?

How much tax do you think billionaire Viscount Rothermere dodges in a year?

How much tax do you think a bearded multi-billionaire dodges by moving himself and his notional company addresses to the British Virgin Islands?

How much Inheritance Tax did the Duke of Westminster dodge?

For humble people like you and me, tax is something we have to pay to prop up the nation.

A billion pounds to the DUP
To Northern Ireland you mean? Or do you think those ten MPs are personally getting £100M each? Do you not want Northern Ireland to get more public spending? Are you racist against the Northern Irish?

How much tax do you think a bearded multi-billionaire saves by moving himself and his notional company addresses to the British Virgin Islands?
What does that have to do with anything? How much tax does everyone on the planet not pay to Britain because they're selfish enough not to live here?

How much tax do the ruling classes and their owners avoid by setting the rules to help themselves and their buddies?

To Northern Ireland you mean? Or do you think those ten MPs are personally getting £100M each? Do you not want Northern Ireland to get more public spending? Are you racist against the Northern Irish?

What does that have to do with anything? How much tax does everyone on the planet not pay t
How much tax do the ruling classes and their owners avoid by setting the rules to help themselves and their buddies?

No one will ever know. Is that a good reason to allow benefit fraud?

No one will ever know. Is that a good reason to allow benefit fraud?
Not a good reason but I can see where JohnD is coming from.
Tax fraud costs the country way way way more than benefit fraud. It's just we seem to like having a go at them, perhaps because it's easy to get on our high horse about it? I do think that we should be getting much more p-off with the people who cost this country a fortune as well.

Sponsored Links
Back