Has anyone installed a bosch Series 4 HBS573BS0B recently?

It is probably unlikely the grill will be run for hours at a time, and the oven is thermostatically controlled
It's the 'Conventional' mode, they quote as using the most power, as lower and upper elements are used.

Sponsored Links
Out of interest I went looking for the German version, and found this:

Ist das Handbuch der Bosch Serie 4 HBS573BS0B unter Deutsch verfügbar?​

Leider haben wir kein Handbuch für Bosch Serie 4 HBS573BS0B in Deutsch verfügbar. Dieses Handbuch ist erhältlich in Englisch.

I guess there must be an obvious reason for this, but it kind of opens up questions about the source of the technical advice given.

If they get a dedicated cooker cable run from the consumer unit, and a 20 amp (?) double pole switch at the oven end of the cable, can the switch go in the adjacent kitchen cabinet, or does it have to be accessible above the worktop? In the cupboard would be much easier.

Out of interest I went looking for the German version, and found this:

Ist das Handbuch der Bosch Serie 4 HBS573BS0B unter Deutsch verfügbar?​

Leider haben wir kein Handbuch für Bosch Serie 4 HBS573BS0B in Deutsch verfügbar. Dieses Handbuch ist erhältlich in Englisch.

I guess there must be an obvious reason for this, but it kind of opens up questions about the source of the technical advice given.

Reason for ... what?

Sponsored Links
If they get a dedicated cooker cable run from the consumer unit, and a 20 amp (?) double pole switch at the oven end of the cable, can the switch go in the adjacent kitchen cabinet, or does it have to be accessible above the worktop? In the cupboard would be much easier.
Yes, it can go in the cupboard.

A switch is not a requirement in the regulations so there are no rules for its location - just common sense.

Reason for ... what?
...for what I always considered to be a German brand not publishing a manual in German for one of their products, but referring the enquirer to the English language version...

OH is just back with a photo of the info plate on the existing oven, a Creda 48149V - that plate says it's rated at 5.2kW at 240v, and 4.8kW at 230v, which seems like WAY too much for a single 13A plug and socket. Yikes.

To add to the issue, I've yet to establish if there's any other sockets on the same circuit/breaker as the one the oven is plugged into... fridge and this oven are both in a block-style adaptor, plugged into the single 13A socket in the cupboard.

It's the 'Conventional' mode, they quote as using the most power, as lower and upper elements are used.
Thermostatically controlled so once up to temperature will cycle them on and off, reducing any fuse/contact heating effects on average. My guess is a grill is likely to be run for longer on full blast than the elements getting an oven up to temperature? YMMV.

Either way, the 13A fuse is there to protect the cable and a quality plug in a decent socket is likely to withstand this oven use with no issues. No more than the previous oven did!

No need for all that trouble. Fit a plug on the Bosch supplied cable and use the existing oven socket.

There's life behind Bosch's Whatsapp customer support, once you get past the automated response and wait 2 hours for a reply;

"Hi, we aim to respond to each message within 2 hours. Model HBS573BS0B is a 13 amp 2.99kw appliance. We can confirm that a B/S/H/ appliance under 3Kw can be fitted with a 13 amp plug, however, if the ring main is also supplying other appliances with a heater such as a kettle, a dishwasher, a washing machine etc then this may overload the circuit and trip the main fuse on the consumer unit, so it is good practice to have this established at the design stage of an electrical or kitchen installation or have an electrician confirm the circuit is suitable"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back