Has France got this right ?

Fortunately, these trolls seem to have a fairly short life span.

Unfortunately, like Doctor Who, they can regenerate!
What a lovely comparison. I thank you.

Sadly, I don't think it applies to me, I wish it did.
I would be a very happy troll.:cool:

Sponsored Links
It is high time the EU woke up to the problem of illegal immigration. As I understand it, Political Asylum must be claimed in the first safe country the refugee arrives in.

That is, for those travelling from the Middle East and South Asia, Turkey. For those travelling from sub-Saharan Africa, that is Tunisia, Egypt or Morocco.

There is no reason whatsoever for hordes of refugees to be in Northern France. It is the Schenken Agreement which is allowing these illegals to cross Europe unchallenged. Suspend it. Then send the troops in to round up all the illegals in Calais, and ship them back to their country of origin.

Those with no papers, if of Arabic appearance, send them to Syria, if Negroid, Somalia. See how many continue to profess statelessness!

It is high time the EU woke up to the problem of illegal immigration. As I understand it, Political Asylum must be claimed in the first safe country the refugee arrives in.

That is, for those travelling from the Middle East and South Asia, Turkey. For those travelling from sub-Saharan Africa, that is Tunisia, Egypt or Morocco.

There is no reason whatsoever for hordes of refugees to be in Northern France. It is the Schenken Agreement which is allowing these illegals to cross Europe unchallenged. Suspend it. Then send the troops in to round up all the illegals in Calais, and ship them back to their country of origin.

Those with no papers, if of Arabic appearance, send them to Syria, if Negroid, Somalia. See how many continue to profess statelessness!

You're right. All EU countries should police their borders more efficiently.

Having said that, I really believe we are equally to blame for the problem. Why do they all want to come here instead of any other EU country?

A rhetorical question, of course. Generous handouts, poor border control, free healthcare, cushy prisons (assuming they are ever caught and not given the usual caution). We could easily make this country less attractive to illegal immigrants... if our politicians had the balls to do so.

The trouble is that, once in, they are highly unlikely ever to be sent back out - thanks to our human rights laws.

Sponsored Links
It's not cushy laws in the UK, it's the support network that exists for people arriving with nothing to their name. A refugee, once he's on British soil, will disappear into a huge community of his own nationals willing to give him lodgings, food and even a job for pocket money. That's how they are, it's the culture of hospitality and support that exists in those countries.

If he keeps his nose clean and stays away from the Immigration authorities that refugee can live here indefinitely and even start sending cash home via the hawala system, where he hands the cash to a hawala man in his town, who then calls his oppo in the home town and tells him to give the equivalent to the refugee's family. It's informal, cheap, reliable and completely legal so massive amounts of money are moved around the world in this way with no need for bank accounts.

There are huge communities in the UK of people, legal and illegal, from every country in the world so once a refugee is on British soil he's home and dry with no need for social services at all. He will be safe from religious or political persecution, sheltered, supported, paid a prodigious amount (by his standards) of untaxed cash for kitchen porter or car-washing work, support his family and eventually even buy a car, which is a fantastic prospect for a young man from a desperate, dangerous country in Africa, Asia or the Middle East.

They could always hitch a ride in the back of a lorry container back to the land of milk and honey and claim gypo status.
That way they'll get free housing and welfare benefits galore.

illegal imigrants are not entitled to any help from the goverment

What I don't understand is, how do they manage to break into locked and secured lorries and, even if they can, can't anyone notice that the locks have been broken.

One obvious answer, of course, is that the lorry drivers are in on the act.

Friends of mine emigrated to France last year and unfortunately one of them was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer. The French health service are paying for her treatment at (I'm told) 1900 euro's per month (might have been 19,000 but I probably misheard) - in addition to her pre-existing liver trouble she had before she emigrated.

It does go both ways.

Friends of mine emigrated to France last year and unfortunately one of them was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer. The French health service are paying for her treatment at (I'm told) 1900 euro's per month (might have been 19,000 but I probably misheard) - in addition to her pre-existing liver trouble she had before she emigrated.

It does go both ways.
thats exactly how the eu works in a similar way to the uk every one in the club gets a very similar treatment thats how it works

It does go both ways.
thats exactly how the eu works in a similar way to the uk every one in the club gets a very similar treatment thats how it works

I'm sure you're right, but if that's true why do they all want to come here, what with our hospital waiting times and all? As I understand it, the French health service is better than ours.

Isn't the main reason the language?

Everyone learns or wants to learn English; much more useful than Turkish or Hungarian.

It does go both ways.

I'm sure you're right, but if that's true why do they all want to come here, what with our hospital waiting times and all? As I understand it, the French health service is better than ours.

there seems to a lot off confusion here in peoples minds
illegal imigrants
overstayers
economic migrants
asylem seakers
and eu citizens
are all treated different
only eu citizens have an automatic claim to any services and benefits
asylem seakers in the system may be given accomodation whilst the system grinds slowly on with an allowance around £35 ish a week for food ect

illegal imigrants
overstayers
economic migrants
will get nothing from the system unless there are children or vunerable adults included but only whilst there deportation is sorted

they will often be held in substandard housing like old army bases or old unused prisons on a more informal more open basis
with a small allowance for food and other needs

fit and healty adults get very little or no help

It's not cushy laws in the UK, it's the support network that exists for people arriving with nothing to their name. A refugee, once he's on British soil, will disappear into a huge community of his own nationals willing to give him lodgings, food and even a job for pocket money. That's how they are, it's the culture of hospitality and support that exists in those countries.

If he keeps his nose clean and stays away from the Immigration authorities that refugee can live here indefinitely and even start sending cash home via the hawala system, where he hands the cash to a hawala man in his town, who then calls his oppo in the home town and tells him to give the equivalent to the refugee's family. It's informal, cheap, reliable and completely legal so massive amounts of money are moved around the world in this way with no need for bank accounts.

There are huge communities in the UK of people, legal and illegal, from every country in the world so once a refugee is on British soil he's home and dry with no need for social services at all. He will be safe from religious or political persecution, sheltered, supported, paid a prodigious amount (by his standards) of untaxed cash for kitchen porter or car-washing work, support his family and eventually even buy a car, which is a fantastic prospect for a young man from a desperate, dangerous country in Africa, Asia or the Middle East.

I think you are living in a fantasy world, that bears little resemblance to the real world.

No doubt a few may do what you say - but who are all these people claiming asylum? Why would they if they want nothing from us?

Also, these people allegedly living on the charity of their fellow countrymen, sound like they put nothing in and take nothing out of society. But are you expecting us to believe that they don't get ill and need the NHS? Do they not have children that need educating? Do they not fill up limited supplies of housing stock? What happens when they get too old to work? Will they go home, or more likely be a burden on the state?

You paint a benign picture, that defies belief. Sounds like something the lefty intelligencia would want us to believe.

And JBR said cushy 'prisons', not 'laws'. There's quite a difference. I think you will find that an increasing percentage of the prison population are foreigners. Once again, a big drain on the taxpayer.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
They could always hitch a ride in the back of a lorry container back to the land of milk and honey and claim gypo status.
That way they'll get free housing and welfare benefits galore.

illegal imigrants are not entitled to any help from the goverment

He didn't mention illegal immigrants. They destroy their documents, get on the boat and then claim asylum.

Quite a difference between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers. Especially for the bleaguered taxpayers.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

It does go both ways.

Not exactly. Your friend is entitled to live in France and use French healthcare, and a Frenchman can do the same here. They are both Europeans who have paid their way in taxes whilst living in the EU. It's a reciprocal arrangement, so in theory, countries exchange their citizens on a level playing field.

Some crooked Somali who destroys his documents, and arrives in The UK on the axle of an artic is acting illegally and has put fook all in, but wants to benefit from everything provided by taxpayers.

Hardly the same thing.

Sponsored Links
Back