Has our plumber put us in danger?

so what is the operating head on your system?

You must have missed my reply to you a couple of posts above...:D plenty of head: two-storey house, boiler on ground F&E in loft - now on platform 1.5m high after one early attempt to fix pump over. It helped a little but didn't stop it under all circumstances.

tryitandsee - I think the pump can definitely be ruled out as there's no more air in system after fitting 28mm vent. I simply came back to this topic to report what fixed my problem in case it might be of any interest to anyone else.

I wonder how many systems get put in with 28mm to and from the boiler with 22mm vent? I've only been familiar with four other CH systems but I'm pretty sure they were all 22mm for both boiler and vent in smaller houses.

Sponsored Links
Rats - I forgot I started a dedicated topic CH Sytem vent pipe diameter to discuss this. The thread wer're in now was all about the F&E tank shenanigans that happened after one particularly abortive attempt at a remedy. The vent thread is still relevant despite being started a couple of years ago as it left the cause of the problem open. I think it's time to close this thread and anyone with ideas about the vent size ought to add their thoughts in the other topic.

Rats...........

Rather than posting a new one when you have an afterthought, you can use the edit button and add to your previous thoughts.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back