Hate Crime Incident

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media tend to sensationalise stories. There's more concern about selling the papers than there is about reporting the facts. Also media tends to be biased, and will tend to concentrate on the stories that they want to report, while ignoring other (perhaps more interesting or concerning) issues.

Welcome back

Sponsored Links
No I'm not.
So what did you mean by this?

A father of a young Pakistani girl is more likely to banish her than kick the fuvk out of the nuct that abused her.
OK you said more likely, not all, but I really don't believe that a majority of fathers from Pakistan would banish their daughters if they got raped, especially British Pakistanis.

So what did you mean by this?

OK you said more likely, not all, but I really don't believe that a majority of fathers from Pakistan would banish their daughters if they got raped, especially British Pakistanis.
More likely than a white father!!

Sponsored Links
I suppose information we get through the media. Just as you base your findings.

Are you denying that this happens?
I have also seen reports where the Pakistani heritage community have engaged in victim blaming of rape victims. It's fair to say it's an area of concern.

BUT I don't have a clue what the rate of it is, is it every time, around half the time, incredibly rare (but higher than other ethnicities) or is it an urban myth? When you say more likely then you're implying >50%.

Being concerned by it is fair. Saying this:
A father of a young Pakistani girl is more likely to banish her than kick the fuvk out of the nuct that abused her.
Isn't fair, because you don't know if it's true or not.

In a way these threads are almost pointless with cyclical arguments that are never satisfactorily concluded for either side. I suppose in a way the same can be said for 99% of conversations we have as humans!

There are scummy horrible disgusting people of all colours/religions/beliefs/nationalities carrying out low level to high level disgusting and horrific stuff on other people. Of course there's a debate to be had around whether or not certain alleged/actual crimes here in the UK haven't been fully investigated due to the nationality of the alleged/actual perpetrators. However to assert any one group of people is worse than other groups is quite frankly stupid.

I've said before in threads like this, the authorities should investigate everyone equally and if convicted, everyone should face the same degree of sentencing.

And if we're going to go down the 'who's worse' route, we need to remember for centuries past and perhaps to the present day in some quarters, the 'white man' carried out horrendous stuff right left and centre across the globe and faced little if any legal consequence.

In a way these threads are almost pointless with cyclical arguments that are never satisfactorily concluded for either side. I suppose in a way the same can be said for 99% of conversations we have as humans!

There are scummy horrible disgusting people of all colours/religions/beliefs/nationalities carrying out low level to high level disgusting and horrific stuff on other people. Of course there's a debate to be had around whether or not certain alleged/actual crimes here in the UK haven't been fully investigated due to the nationality of the alleged/actual perpetrators. However to assert any one group of people is worse than other groups is quite frankly stupid.

I've said before in threads like this, the authorities should investigate everyone equally and if convicted, everyone should face the same degree of sentencing.

And if we're going to go down the 'who's worse' route, we need to remember for centuries past and perhaps to the present day in some quarters, the 'white man' carried out horrendous stuff right left and centre across the globe and faced little if any legal consequence.
Not only white men. It was more about the time than the colours.

Per head of the population it’s a fact Muslims are the biggest offenders. There’s more white male offenders because there’s more white males.

I’ll never understand the mentality of trying to protect scum! There’s no prize for being a snowflake

Per head of the population it’s a fact Muslims are the biggest offenders. There’s more white male offenders because there’s more white males.

I’ll never understand the mentality of trying to protect scum! There’s no prize for being a snowflake
Which scum are being protected here?

Sex offenders.

You lads struggle with the narrative don’t you
Which sex offenders are being protected here? None that I can see.

There's a load of posters pointing out that race doesn't matter, it's the sex offending part that matters.

Unless you're saying all Muslims are sex offenders?

Which sex offenders are being protected here? None that I can see. Unless you're assuming all Muslims are sex offenders?

There's a load of posters pointing out that race doesn't matter, it's the sex offending part that matters.
Isn't that true?

Almost always, people who spout theories that this race tends to do this terrible thing would have started with the fact that they don't like people of other races, then they scrabble about trying to justify it.

The selective and unqualified statements on this thread may or may not be true, but I doubt that those stating them started from a position about caring about the thing that they're claiming that people of whatever race do.

It's almost always just plain old racism, patched over with a feeble attempt at pretending it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back