Have Dulux scrapped their Diamond Satinwood paint range?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of years ago I painted the woodwork in my house using a tin of Dulux Diamond Satinwood.

It was initially difficult to work with as I found it difficult to eliminate brush marks. I soon found there was a knack to it which involved mixing in some water with the paint to prolong the drying time and not going over the paint too much.

At the time I had removed the doors and just did the architraves.

Fast-forward 3 years and I'm finally ready to paint the doors. The paint on the architraves has held up really well and is still brilliant white with absolutely no signs of yellowing so I am content to use it for the doors.

When I go to the Dulux website I can find no trace of this paint anymore!

Has it been replaced? If so, with what?

Sponsored Links
Yes they have.

The next (imho) best is the Dulux Trade QD satin. It's £50 ish for 5 litres which isn't cheap. The saving grace is that it covers brilliantly with easy 2 coating in a shift.

I find 10% water mix really helps the flow and does impact the dry time or the finish depth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back