Have I been over-charged?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just has a plasterer quote me on skimming 3 walls (nothing wrong with them other than the existing plastering was a cowboy job and uneven... since we're redecorating throughout, I wanted them to be skimmed and made nice and level ready for new paint). He quoted £400 and said it would take 2 lads a couple of days. They came this morning at 8:30am and were finished by 3:30pm. So, 7 hours work for £200 per lad incl. materials. I was happy with the £400 on the understanding it would be a couple of days work, but for 7-hours work for 2 lads? Have I been over-charged here? I'll take it on the chin since I agree to the £400 quote to get the job done, but it'll leave a sour taste if I've been taken for a ride. This guy was also planning to do a pretty big rendering project for me, so you'd think he'd be interested in keeping me sweet.

Sponsored Links
sounds cheap to me i had little over 2 square metres and that was quoted at £140

Sponsored Links
7 hours work for 2 spreads 3 walls? And its over a reskim? So just basic prep any decent spread could do that on their own and be in and out of your house in 4 hours or less

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back