Have I got lodgers?

DforDave said:
I am going to look for somewhere selling traps when I finish tomorrow's job :!:

believe it or not, you can get them in q & b
traps.jpg

see the difference in size

( i am waiting to see who gets the joke first) but seriously the pictures are NOT altered, there really is such a differnce in size)

Sponsored Links
Okay, the middle one's the odd one out - it happens to be a mouse and the other two are pony carts?

I think he's ignoring the ghost though!

well i thought it was funny.

but the pitures really are not edited (other than file size)

Have just ordered some traps online but then found that the web site of my borough council says this...

"The destruction of pests in domestic premises which cause a public health risk such as mice, cockroaches, fleas and bed bugs can be carried out by trained pest control officers for a nominal charge. The control of rats is carried out, in domestic premises, free of charge. Active wasps' nests and squirrels in domestic premises can also be treated for a nominal charge."

I am going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what they advise - I hate rats and I would rather leave it to someone who gets paid to mess with them.

Sponsored Links
DforDave said:
I am going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what they advise - I hate rats and I would rather leave it to someone who gets paid to mess with them.

Too right. Anything that is commonly known to climb up a soil stack, round the u-bend and leap out of a toilet is not good! :eek:

As for the traps, I worked in a shop that sold both types (in fact the same brand as Breezer has pictured there)... setting off a mousetrap onto upturned fingers (i.e. so the snapper hits the soft side of your fingers rather than the nail-side), doesn't hurt. But none of us dared tried it with a rat-trap! If you have a mouse, a rat-trap would probably take it's head off. :eek:

We had a rat a few months back, you could here him running across the ceiling in the attic, i bought about 10 traps and about £20 of poison, and i got him, well i think there was 2. I got one in the trap and i think the poison took care of the other. When you buy the poison you need to check on the strentgh as some of it is useless against a rat. But you have to act quick as they breed like billyow and you will soon have many more.

By the way rats a responsible for burning a lot of places down when they chew through cables

breezer said:
AdamW said:
If you have a mouse, a rat-trap would probably take it's head off. :eek:

we have and it didnt

I stand corrected! :D

Before we got the cats my parents used some of those plastic mouse-traps with big teeth on them, had a couple of almost complete decapitations, I just assumed that a rat-trap would be even fiercer. Seems the toothed mouse-traps are just vicious compared to the flat-wire types. After all, the idea is to break the neck not take the head off.

Still, a rat trap surely made a heck of a mess of a mouse, didn't it? You can't tell me it had no greater effect than a mouse-trap on it :confused:

AdamW said:
Still, a rat trap surely made a heck of a mess of a mouse, didn't it? You can't tell me it had no greater effect than a mouse-trap on it :confused:

don't know if i will get away with showing the picture, yes the head is still there, along with the body, its just that it is very flat around what i suppose would be the neck area.

About that glue stuff. bad idea, not worth it, rodents have been known to gnaw their own feet off to get away

I tried the glue to catch rodents, but one of the beasts always seemed to escape, yes you may have guessed, it was a little mouse with clogs on!

breezer said:
What have you put on the trap as bait? (a slice of mars bar works very well, i know this from expeaiance)

Traps should arrive tomorrow and I will be getting my bait ready. I am thinking of using something different on each to see what "IT" prefers! So far I have Mars Bar, Snicker and peanut butter on my list. Might even put a bit of telephone cable on one seeing as "IT" seems to like chewing it so much :rolleyes:

Here's my rat/mouse control device:

tiddles.jpg

Doesn't she look sweet?

She's never had to prove herself, but I'd like to think she'd sort out any rodents if I ever had a problem. If she would wake up for long enough, that is......

Sponsored Links
Back