Have you heard of Sasil Bathroom Merchants in Kent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Catbar who hasn't visited this forum for awhile.

I'm needing to replace my current kitchen sink taps, and am looking out for suitably tall upstands, with compatible lever-handled bib taps.
I want kitchen taps that are as tall as possible, but most standard British taps seem only to come in no more than 15cm / 6" height (a bit shorter in fact than my current taps).

I have seen what appear to be taller-than-usual upstands of 250mm / approx 9.75" height, for £42*, and 'Rover' lever bib taps, for £44.58*.
Both taps and upstands are sold - and possibly made? - by this 'Sasil Bathroom Merchants' in Kent.

I also think these taps and upstands might be chrome-plated brass.
If this is so, is there a possibility that this could affect durability and quality etc.....?

(*I'm not sure if these prices are for each item, or for the pair).

Can you tell me if you've heard of, or even dealt with, 'Sasil Bathroom Merchants', and, if so, what you think of them?
If of interest or help I give a link here:
http://sasil.co.uk/sasil/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=153

And whether this is in fact a British merchants - as it seemed it might originally be from overseas.....?

Sponsored Links
And whether this is in fact a British merchants - as it seemed it might originally be from overseas.

I don't think I understand the question. Have you googled the address and seen the shop on street view..... I know Gillingham is barely human let alone British, but I don't think it is a sovereign nation.

And whether this is in fact a British merchants - as it seemed it might originally be from overseas.

I don't think I understand the question. Have you googled the address and seen the shop on street view..... I know Gillingham is barely human let alone British, but I don't think it is a sovereign nation.
Bloody foreigners, coming over here, setting up bathroom showrooms...tricksy peoples, don't buy from them, they might have touched things with their dirty foreign hands! They might even be mooselimbs. Wouldn't want to catch mooselimbism...

Screenshot_20160511-104339.png

Ikea did a tall pillar tap for kitchens - cost about £80 if I remember.

Worth a look?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back