having a new bathroom fitted a few questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
firstly has anyone used www.bathroomsareus.co.uk ??

i'm thinking of ordering this from them

http://www.bathroomsareus.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1381

what i'm planning to do is order the stuff in and then have a seperate fitter install it all.

this shower would just put the water through the boiler rather than heating it seperate right? at the moment the boiler is playing up as it doesnt give consistant hot water - it will do for the first 10 or so seconds but then the temperature drops and its luke warm.

what is a pressure equalising valve for? incase the water output drops if someone opens another tap else where?

Sponsored Links
Pressure equalising valve is usually fitted on the hot and cold pipework to a mixer, it equals out the hot and cold pressure so that the cold main doesnt overpower the hot, which is a common fault when using a combi with a mixer shower

so i'll definatly need to get one of them right?

anything else?

the hot water wouldnt be compromised though?

so i'll definatly need to get one of them right?

anything else?

the hot water wouldnt be compromised though?

Not defo, each job is differant it needs to be looked at by whoever does it and they will advise you the best route to go down, however a lot of guys dont like customer buying goods and them fitting, due to all sorts of problems it can cause, parts not turning up etc etc

Sponsored Links
its just the main shower/sink and toilet with the tiles i want to provide the rest they can add on.

surely when people get stuff from b&q etc thats what happens too?

Just make sure your wc outlet is compatible ie some are back to wall when you actually have a soil pipe exiting from the side.

Another favourite is a wall hung basin weighing 20k plus to be fixed to a stud wall.

Glad to see you are not going for a shower cabin with tv, phone, disco lights, dry ice etc as we have found a few models supplied do not conform to CE regs, keep it simples as the meerkats say.

Good luck
Pete

hahaha i was actually looking at the toilets last night thinking if ours was an outlet or a back to the wall kinda thing.

the sink basin is going to be on a dresser unit

i was going to go for the shower cabin with the in built karaoke till i heard myself sing :( though i still think thats the way forward for all showers - microphone in built.

as the shower unit is open at the top - would it make more sense to have some sort of sheeting on the ceiling to protect it or is there something else i can use? the room has an extractor fan too but i'd rather not just rely on one.

Are you sure the cabin has no roof as all the steam models we have installed have?

If not then you will need a good centrifugal anti hunidity fan installed above the cabin unless you want soggy weetabix walls.

Pete

its not a steam unit.

it has jets on the side but thats it.

the bathroom does have a window fan installed

i'm thinking of having cladding put in - would that be better than just plaster in teh bathroom?

how much do u think i should be looking to pay to have all this fitted?

about 14sq ft of wall tiling - 3 of floor tiling - the removal and fitting and maybe cladding too

its not a steam unit.

it has jets on the side but thats it.

the bathroom does have a window fan installed

i'm thinking of having cladding put in - would that be better than just plaster in teh bathroom?

how much do u think i should be looking to pay to have all this fitted?

about 14sq ft of wall tiling - 3 of floor tiling - the removal and fitting and maybe cladding too

between £0.00 up to £10,000000000.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back