Having problems making my carpet grip to threshold. solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My small landing has had a carpet for 10-15 years.
I had to pull it up recently to fix a squeaky flooboard and change the underlay to a thicker type too

I've put back the carpet back and have used a knee kicker, yet and in one section the carpet will not grip to the threshold so looking for a solution. after a few days it just comes untucked.

Any suggestions please.

IMG_20210420_234753.jpg IMG_20210420_234755.jpg IMG_20210421_000542.jpg

Sponsored Links
It has stretched and lost its elasticity since it was fitted. If it is a woven carpet with 80% wool, you can shrink it, though. Hook it onto the gripper strip and press the edges down into the gutter with your bolster, and lightly sprinkle with a watering can. Add a drop of WUL to aid wetting. in this good weather it will probably dry overnight.

I doubt this would work with a tufted carpet.

Thanks for the reply. makes sense what you say

the people who did the reno many years ago were pretty cheap so i doubt it is wool and looks pretty plasticy. But i can try for sure
What does WUL mean btw?

failing this any other suggestions to tie me over for a few years before i have to change the carpets anyway

cheers

Sponsored Links
Ashing
P
Iquid

You could reinforce the edge with copydex and cotton carpet tape, and tack it down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back