Having the towel radiator always on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just had one of those towel radiators fitted in the bathroom. This time of year we dont have the heating on but I thought if I turned all the radiators to off and just left the towel radiator on and set the CH to always on this would work but the towel radiator only seems to come on for a while.

What is the best way to set this up please?

:D

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hello,

My boiler is a Worcester Bosch Condenser, I have TRV's on every rad/rail

I have 4 rads, 1 Towel warmer and 1 Plinth heater. I don't have a thermostat though.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
picasso, all the bathroom is now tiled so I dont want to start running wires and getting all part p'd. They are a good idea though I wish I had seen them before.

Thanks.

:)

It really is a bad idea.
Running your boiler over a small rad is unlikely to get it in condensing mode. It will cause an enormous amount of cycling as well which is not good for your boiler.
Your boiler is also required to have an interlock, which it obviously does not have.
Would I be far off guessing that you can't find the completed benchmark sheet?

fit a towel warmer electric element, it will only heat yer towel rad.

and when i say fit, dont mean you, somebody competent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back