hd installation cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have already run screwfix brand shotgun cable from my existing sky dish(previously not sky+ so had a single coax) through floorboards etc concealing wiring when rewired my house..+ ive run hdmi cables from lounge tv point to dining rm wall position where im having a 50inch led tv etc...but i intend to have hd in my new house & hope the cable ive used is the same as sky would have installed if id hadnt done the wiring myself ? can anyone clarify this as i do hope ive installed the correct type of cable to receive hd...cheers again

Sponsored Links
if you have used hdmi you will be fine, as this is the standard cable for transfering hd.

and yes the cable from the lnb (dish) to the sky box is all the same.

a late reply guys few months on i know from me lol..yeah lee im hoping the cable i purchased from screwfix shotgun cable is the same as sky use from sky+ box to the inb receiver/dish...i will try find out the stockcode sam from srewfix although i hope im not going to have a problem receiving hd with the cable i have used as i dont want sky to install another cable clipped all the way around the house down the walls in full veiw like an eyesore! lol

Sponsored Links
The Screwfix cable won't be the same as Sky's own shotgun, but it will work.

Those of us in the aerial trade will always use something better than the aluminium foil insulated cables, but that's because we have to guarantee performance and longevity. Saving a few pence per metre is a false economy for us. But I have plenty of DIY customers who have bought my budget install kits and are perfectly happy with the results from Sky HD and Freeview HD with Alu insulated cables.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back