HD TV for under £200

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Her budget is only £200 and she want's a 32"
Face facts; £200 isn't really enough to have a big choice of products. There is some cheap Chinese stuff like you have found and the odd end-of-line item such as the Sharp on the Richersounds site.

I think you and your mum will have to settle for a HD Ready set unless you can scrape together some more money. It's the same for the rest of us. We would all like something bigger or better, but if you haven't got enough money then it's tough. The Sharp on the RS site is £200. Go have a look.

See here: http://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1...rpricebands=[100+TO+199.99]&filtersubcat=2353

They are all a little more than £200. But if you can stretch, there are some good models there. F&H may not be wellknown, but they are good quality for the price. Read the reviews and decide which features you want.

The LG TV has DivX. The F&H one has a 3 year warranty, which may give her peace of mind. Some have USB for record and playback of movies, some are Full HD and others are HD-ready.

The OP's EVOTEL TV & Alarm's Dixons choice look the same bit of kit.

Chris, I think you're a bit harsh there. All the OP is asking for is what's available in his price bracket.

I'm sure he's well aware you get what you pay for.

Here's the Sharp: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/sharp/lc32sh130/shar-lc32sh130k[/QUOTE]

Yes, not everybody has that kind of money. To be fair, I did ask what I can get for £200. I got this in the end as it seems a better model and even cheaper price in the sale.

http://www.bestbuy.co.uk/product/1000112725/isis-32-lcd-hd-ready-tv.aspx

Well its only a 720p in reality but thats what I bought first when I dipped my toe into the HD market. ( Now in one of my sons room to keep him out of my way :D, the other one has a HD 32" PC monitor, aggggggggggg).

Your mother will enjoy the bigger screen and picture clarity from before.
You reallied you were not going to get the "dogs" with your budget but I think you have done fairly well for your mother.

Well done with the budget. you had.

TBH unless you're sitting 4' or less from the screen there's not much to be gained by having FullHD on a 32". Apparently a good human eye can discern detail down to one minute of arc. I did the maths once and worked out that I'd have to be within about 6' of a 42" to even begin to see the limitations of 720p.

I've just bought a 60" plasma which I'm feeding with 1080i from my V+ box. Sat 8-9 feet away it looks absolutely pukka.

Headache time, lol.
Remember the first big screen I got years ago and we all had headaches for a week from the bloody thing!
Mind you was a small house then, had to move to accommodate the next bigger screen :mrgreen:

Or was that the two children ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back