HDMI wireless connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a sky HD box in the lounge connected to a Samsung 55" TV by a HDMI cable with superb results.
In the sitting room we have another Samsung Full HD TV currently feed by a co-ax cable via a Global Distribution Amp therefore I receive Sky via the RF socket on the rear of the Sky box.
I would like to receive Sky channels in HD in the sitting room, problem is due to solid oak flooring in the sitting room and ceramic tiled floor in the kitchen it would be virtually impossible to run an extra cable from a splitter.
The existing cables were run before all the flooring was done and I can't pull any cables through because of the diameter of the holes that the existing cables pass through. Can't get under the floor as it's only 2 bricks high.
Is there a wireless HDMI transmitter / receiver that would work through about 3 internal brick walls (approx 12 metres)

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Very unlikely. Videosenders are limited to only a few milliWatts power by law and that won't get far through brick. Can you run CAT cable outside the building?

Thanks for the reply.

I could possibly run Cat cable on the outside (subject to my good ladies approval) it would have to be about 25 mtrs run.
What connections would be needed and I take it I would need a splitter, can you reccomend one please.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Sam

Sat in the sitting room watching Sky Sports via RF, quality ok but nowhere near HD.

Will have a good read up on the links you put on above post. No doubt I'll be back later with some more questions.

Wireless HD senders do exist. They're something of a mixed bag though. Site conditions and competition with other Wi-Fi devices means that even well reviewed products can struggle. Cat Baluns is far more likely to work. Just be aware that you get what you pay for with those. The cheaper ones down-sample the picture to something less than HD quality.

I've used baluns before with Cat 6 cable to carry video and power on CCTV systems.
Can you point me in the right direction for ones to use with HDMI

Thanks

Have a look at the products on the Keene web page LINK. There's a range of options from 2xCat to single Cat, and both with and without IR support.

I gave a link in my previous post.
There's plenty of choice but take note of Lucid's warning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back