He! No water out of hot taps!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got up this morning and none of the hot taps have any water coming through them, the cold taps are all fine as is the heating.
Does this mean that the pipe is frozen?

Thank you
K

Sponsored Links
what sort of hot water system do you have?

Combi boiler? (make and model of boiler?)

Traditional vented gravity system (tanks in loft and hot water cylinder)?

Unvented system?

For a gravity system, frozen pipework in the loft, or the float valve in the cold storage cistern is certainly a possibility this weather.

For a start - any ice in the cold storage cistern?
Any water in the cistern?

Sponsored Links
I have a baxi duo tec combi boiler situated in my kitchen about 1 mtr away from the sink. As the first post I also have no running water from my hot tap. I'm inclined to think the pipe is frozen and hopefully a slow gradual thaw will put it right (everything crossed). Could this be the case or is there also a pump that would cause this problem. If so how will I know the difference or is it time to go even further into overdraft and pay someone to tell me :)

Can you verify that you have a cold water supply to the boiler :?: no valves turned off on the boiler,etc;

If no one has touched it you have a frozen cold supply to the boiler open a hot tap and go along the cold supply to the boiler with a hair dryer look for where it is getting a cold draught onto it and then put some form of insulation around it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back