HE24 Boiler 0-3bar gauge range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I own the legendary HE24 boiler. Almost everything has been replaced on this quality item but it's ever closer to retirement. Despite this it's running well, except the CH that is...

With the system cold it's at 0-0.5bar. When hot this rises to 2 bar or even 3 bar. At 3 bar there's a big leak, but I'd expect it from the crap design at this pressure.

Where to start with this one?

Thanks!, Andrew

Sponsored Links
looks like the expansion tank needs repressurising

Hi Andrew.
From your explanation it would appear your main problem is your engineer(s)
If nearly all parts have been changed this would suggest engineers without fault finding knowledge have been let loose on your unit.
The right person dealing with a fault could sort it without without problem.

Sponsored Links
fault does not lie with engineers but the loonies who designed that piece of rubbish.fair to say I know a bit about boiler faults etc....been at it 30 years. .so i do know a sensible boiler design from an utter nightmare design.bin it....please.

Thanks all, it was becoming a game to see how long it could be kept working.

Water coming out the expansion tank, which naturally requires then boiler to come off the wall.

It's being retired. I may have to hold a funeral for it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back