Header tank containing hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

The smaller of the two tanks in the loft has hot water in it and I was always under the impression it should have cold in it. The bigger tank seems to be fine and only contains cold water.

Also should the pipe that goes into the small cylinder be submerged inside the water? I have emptied out the water before so the pipe was clear of the water line but every time i check it the water as risen to cover the pipe.

If this sounds wrong then I need some wisdom :)

Cheers folks
Crofty

Small tank

View media item 46100
Large Tank

View media item 46101

Sponsored Links
Is the water only hot when the heating is on? I would suggest that the water level is to high submerging the vent pipe in it there should only be about 4" of water in the F/E tank when cold. could be a faulty float valve. Looks a bit merky in there to.

I would suggest you get a plumber o look into it as the vent pipe looks a little low in the tank, could it have dropped ?

Sponsored Links
Is the water only hot when the heating is on?

I only noticed it tonight and the hot water is currently heating so couldn't say for sure.

The cold water seems to work fine but now winter is here we put the heating on and the boiler stopped and showed the error F25, Possible Pump Failure/Air in System

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back