Header tank not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My header tank in the attic is not filling up and there are small ice particles floating on the surface. To the best of my knowledge this tank feeds the hot water system. While all the radiators are hot and working well there is only a drizzle of water coming out of the electric showert head.
Any thoughts on how to sort this

Sponsored Links
frozen pipe, turn heating up and wait to see if any burst pipe thaw out.

Leave loft hatch open slightly.

Be ready to turn off the incoming water mains

Andy

frozen pipe, turn heating up and wait to see if any burst pipe thaw out.

Leave loft hatch open slightly.

Be ready to turn off the incoming water mains

Andy

Hatch to loft left open. Central heating on full and I now have hot water at all the taps and the electric shower is working again. No sign of any burst pipes so far but will keep a close watch and make sure the heating is set to go on for a couple of short periods over the niight to keep the temp up over this cold spell.
Thanks for the help hopefully problem solved.

Sponsored Links
Leave the heating on 24hr, turn it lower when you go to bed.

Any burst pipe will cost a lot more than any gas you will be using.

Even if you go out, leave the heating on.

Andy

If you have a room stat, turn it to a low setting 12c thru the night on continuous,that wiil keep the frost at bay during night,then turn in morning to suit your needs. Keep Warm.

I drain the header tank and moved some pipe work. Now the fov is not running in the header or f and e. I've put the cold in the hot and ran it but still no hope. The header willing up from the expansion pipe??????
Please help

I drain the header tank and moved some pipe work. Now the fov is not running in the header or f and e. I've put the cold in the hot and ran it but still no hope. The header willing up from the expansion pipe??????
Please help

???

You'll need to write that again, much more clearly.

And start your own thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back