health and safety...

I

imamartian

like most people i hate it's 'meddling' side..

but as a computer programmer, i understand why it has manifested itself as such !!

Look at a sales order for example... it usually has three lines on it... maybe 1, and maybe 10 ! As a programmer you need to code for it to have a million lines on... or no lines.... so you create a set of rules that fits any sales order...

move on to a ladder... most people are fine up a ladder... but what if the ladder climber is drunk? then they need a helmet, knee and elbow pads and a harness.... so therefore, the generic rules say we all need the same kit !!

you can't code for "what if the ladder climber is confident, blind, suicidal, one-legged".... etc etc ......

I do believe however, that the H&S council need a "common sence get out clause"... or sommat !!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Of course you can program for drunk, one legged, no armed ladder climbers
Prime example

10 , create ladder/ increment 4
20 ladder operative = normal
30 ladder operative =drunk (like I am at this moment in time)
40 if ladder operative = 20, goto 60
50 if ladder operative = drunk goto 70
60 climb ladder
70 Stop what your doing and inform HSE
80 if ladder operative = 20 (but he knows someone who is 30) goto 90
90 report person who is drunk to 110
100 if ladder operative =20 but doesn't know anyone at all who is 30, goto 120
110 = HSE + anyone who can talk him out of going up the ladder until HSE get there
120 climb ladder (again) .........
Simples :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I learnt PASCAL, and BASIC...10 rem, 20 goto 10...repeat.

Sponsored Links
I know who my friends are, and none are imagined.

The question remains; How are you able to call people Idiots and go off tangent and not be dealt with as others including myself have been?
I had a warning and was suspended for a few days, ( Although more than was mentioned and as some thought a total ban).

Yet you trawl through with distain for others, demanding your ideas and opinions are correct even when proven wrong.

Then again, a lot of threads get deleted. So someone is doing something right.
But the victims are others, some return. A lot never come back here. Are you a great advert for here?
I voice another opinion, GD should be for valid contributers to the forum as a whole. As least some peofessional help given on a regular basis.
I could name an occasion where I took intrest in one of your above mentioned attempts. Where you called the OP an idiot for doing something.

Well you call most of us an Idiot anyway, depending on the direction of the wind apparently. Are we Idiots? Or just some that can offer professional advice and your a little jealous?

Please by all means feel offended, press the "ALERT" button............It was not intended to be an insult, just an observation. But you do as you feel and maybe, just maybe you might suprise us.

Back