Heat exchanger replacement help please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I’ve got the dreaded boilermate OV a-class. Basically, could anyone with experience of them explain to me the process of how to replace the heat exchanger. I presume this requires switching off the mains water, draining the system/tank and then swapping over the components. I’ve read you should add some scale inhibitor as well.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if they still do it, but they used to do a fixed price repair for £200 ish, call them and if they do then snap their hand off, so much can go wrong with these, not a straight forward job for a professional never mind a diyr

That’s not what I wanted to hear, I just thank you for your response though. Why can something that looks so simple to replace cause so many issues. :(

well dont say you werent warned, I know many an engineer that has vowed never to attempt draining one again

Sponsored Links
I will take your advice and not get involved. I appreciate your honesty.

Don’t suppose there’s anyone reading this that is happy to work on boilermate systems around the Salisbury/Amesbury area Sp47ya

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back