Heat is not working in the whole house.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have hot water floor heat in my house, it was working last month when I turned on the boiler but it is not working for last couple of days. I can see the boiler is working (but shutting itself down very quickly) and most of the pipes are hot but the heat in all the zones are not working :(

I don't know what to do? I can call a service guy but I wanna know is there any thing I can troubleshoot before calling him.

I have 4 zones in my house and none of them are working now. I installed a electronic thermostat in one of the zone last week, is this is the cause of the problem? I have the regular thermostats in all other zones but the heat is not working there as well.

Please help.

Regards,

Pendu

Sponsored Links
If the information I posted is not sufficient, I can provide more specific information, if required. I can even post some pictures when I get home, if someone wants to know how Canadian heat system looks like (I guess the basic theory is same all over).

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Pendu

If the information I posted is not sufficient, I can provide more specific information, if required. I can even post some pictures when I get home, if someone wants to know how Canadian heat system looks like (I guess the basic theory is same all over).

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Pendu

this is a UK site sorry matey

Sponsored Links
if the boiler on a hot water system shuts down soon after starting, it might be that the water is not being pumped round; therefore the boiler is getting very hot.

have a look at the pump and see if it is turning. If not, see if it is being supplied with power. If not, you might disconnect the normal power supply and test it with a known good supply.

If the pump is spinning but the water is not being circulated, it could be that all the valves are closed.

if you have made a recent change, we have to suspect that your change has caused the problem, perhaps by affecting the control circuits.

As this is a UK forum we are not going to have skill and experience of the designs and systems used in your country.

Thanks JohnD for your answer.

I will try to post my question in a North American forum. Can anyone suggest some good NA forums.

With regards,

Pendu

Back to your problem for a second, can you reverse the change you made and see if that restores the heating?

Have you seen your black and your white squirrels over there?

In UK we mostly have the grey which look nice but are quite a pest when they get into loft spaces. A very few of the indiginous red type but no black or white.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back