heat line c28 water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Friends, can some body help me with Heat Line C28 working ok on the heating mode but no Hot water on demand. My feelings are its thr cold water turbine clip on sensor. Please let me know if any body experiance the same problem and the solution for the problem will be greatley apriciated..... Thanks U all good People..

Sponsored Links
If no fault lights then flow turbine stuck.

But it needs a gas engineer as gas valve has to be taken out to access it.

They could have made it facing forwards !

Tony

If no fault lights then flow turbine stuck.

But it needs a gas engineer as gas valve has to be taken out to access it.

They could have made it facing forwards !

Tony
Thanks Toney, Yeah there are no warning lights other then the power on GREEN light. Is there any way i can check the clip on sensor for the function? Do I have to replace the Turbine and the sensor or just the turbine alone will do?

is the clip a micro switch? or just a piece of blank plastic ? if its a switch push it in wen hot water is running if its a a blank piece of plastic its a magnetic reed switch so use a magnet over the it an see if the boiler starts up again make sure water is running you don't want to kettle the boiler

Sponsored Links
is the clip a micro switch? or just a piece of blank plastic ? if its a switch push it in wen hot water is running if its a a blank piece of plastic its a magnetic reed switch so use a magnet over the it an see if the boiler starts up again make sure water is running you don't want to kettle the boiler
The clip on clip got the small PCB built in it, I think it reads the current flow from the water turbine when the water flows through it hence sending the signal to the main PCB.

wil be a magnetic read wetich use a small magnet to see if the switch isworking

Quite apart from being unable to spell what you want to say ( reed switch ) you obviously have no idea whats in the boiler.

Its a flow turbine which incorporates a permanent magnet. The field is read by a Hall effect detector which provides pulses to the PCB when there is a flow of water.

The tubine is almost certainly stuck.

I have always opened them and washed them out but found no dirt and they have worked again on reassembly.

But that is NOT a DIY job because it needs the gas valve to be removed to get the turbine out. You need a competent registered gas engineer.

Tony

so what your saying is that a magnetic filed is picked up by the clip on switch ? humm i musnt know what am on about then ay ? may not be able to spell while seeing to my kids but am sure the switch will pick up a magnet moving over it thanks

Its not a simple "switch".

Its a Hall effect IC which as the turbine rotates sends out a train of pulses to the PCB.

In theory if you could provide a rotating magnetic field at about 10-30 pps then it would make the PCB think there is a flow.

However, the reality is this fault is always caused by a stuck turbine.

Tony

ok point taken didnt reilise it was so many turns per second works on the biasi magnetic switch tho

there is a big difference between a reed switch and a hall effect sensor.

The Biasi boiler uses a Hall effect sensor but thats just an on/off switch.

The Heatline and Vaillants use a turbine and receives a train of pulses which are proportional to the DHW flow rate and could be used to modulate the power input ( but I dont think either makes do that currently ).

Tony

Hi Guys, Please help me with Sime eComfort 30HE combi. On DHW demand it comes on going through the whole lighting up sequence. The burner comes on after few seconds the burner goes out and the top LED goes red and locksout. I have to reset the boiler from the fuse spur switch by switching it on and off. I have changed the new Plate to Plate DHW heat exchanger, changed the both Thermisters, cleaned the condensate trap, checked the workings of the divertive valve, checked the microw switch on the divertive vale. I even been in tuch with the thcnical dept of sime boiler not much help. I have also air pressure cleaned the condensor, but not much jot.......... Plz help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back