Heat Line Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a job today to fit a new heat exchanger to a Heat Line Combi boiler, it had burnt the fins clean off the heat exchanger.
I changed the stats at the same time and the gas pressures seemed fine but something still isn't sitting right with me about the job. Has anyone else seen anything similar or am I just going mental?

Sponsored Links
Its very unusual BUT it can happen.

One reason could be dry firing. I hope you carefully checked the flow switch was not sticking on. That usually damages the fan as well though.

Another reason can be scaling of the HE itself resulting in poor heat transfer and overheating.

Tony

Thank Agile :)

PS. Expansion radiator??????

Do I assume you drain a rad then partially vent it to emulate an expansion vessel?

I take out 9 li from a rad to emulate a 9 li expansion vessel.

Trouble is that its so effective that they never call me back to replace the one int he boiler!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sods law mate, had a worcester 924 with a dodgy diverter valve about 3 months ago, sorted it with a 5p piece and some insulating tape temporarily. Its still working like that.

The trick is to charge them the full repair cost and only then get it going on a temporary basis.

Then return at your leisure.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back