Heat proof adhesive recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, this is my first post so sorry if this is in the wrong section!

I recently moved into a new house and the kitchen has spot lights in the ceiling. The external fitting of the light is a round metal plate which sits on the ceiling, and they measure about 2 1/2" in diameter.

One of the lights has fallen out of the ceiling and is hanging there. Can anyone recommend the best sort of adhesive to stick it back into place? The lights get very hot and I assume therefore a heat proof adhesive is needed?
I looked at No More Nails but is says it is not heat and UV resistant.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sort of like
QLEB35W.JPG
this?

ok so yours may not swivel

no glue required, dont even go there, think! how would you get a failed lamp out if it were glued in?

did you recently find a funny bit of wire on the floor the other day, then throw it in the bin?

oh dear, it was the giant circlip that held in the lamp

if your talking about the main body of the light it should be held in by a spring clip mechanism that acts against the ceiling to hold it in place,maybe they have come off

Sponsored Links
You might be able to blag a new clip or two at your local electrical supplier. Take the fitting along with you. Otherwise they are so cheap you might as well buy a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back