Heat Resistant paint for woodwork near a cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of any heat resistant paint for wood?

We recently purchased a new house and the design of the kitchen/dining area is open plan and because the cooker faces out into the room - the only way of hiding it as such was that the previous owners put in a wooden cladded wall with wooden top on it. The problem with this is that the heat from the vents on the cooker are bubbling the paint (it looks like it is the same matt emulsion as is on the walls!)

I have looked in the big stores like b n q etc but have not found anything.

Have been thinking of knocking the wood bits down and maybe having brickwork to do the job instead but would like to try and get some pain for it

any ideas

thanks in advance (and hope this all makes sense! lol)

Sponsored Links
That's a big fire risk. Don't use it until it's been taken out.

thanks for your replies - no, i don't think it's an imediate fire risk - probably didn't describe it very well

here's a couple of pictures!

I'm not entirely sure we could tile it - and unsure where to get a sheet of metal from - arrgghh![/img]

Sponsored Links
is it fair to say that heat proof wood paint does not exist then? lol

the only sort is intumessent and foams up with heat and stops the wood burning not quite what you are after ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back