Heated Loo seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of a straw-poll to see if people have fitted or have been asked to fit this type.

Stayed at a hotel with this type of seat and it got me thinking. It was very easy to get to like it and could see, once used, that having one would be nice. This seat had a remote control for the functions available and heat settings, quite impressed with it.

Sponsored Links
Haha, I've never used one before, just got me thinking, could it be the next big ask?

Sponsored Links
I've got one at home, had it around 3 years. These are very popular in Japan and S. Korea.

Heated loo seat, dear lord next you'll be wanting an inside toilet with heating and soft toilet tissue.

I remember when t'bog were at t'end of t'yard, no lights, no heating and only sheets of newspaper to wipe with.

Bl**dy snowflake generation :)

2017-06-09_09-36-30.jpg

Having paper and a lid is luxury

I hated a cold seat in the morning when I was a small boy and we did not have central heating.

But now I wonder if it would encourage bacteria growth.

I hated a cold seat in the morning when I was a small boy and we did not have central heating.

But now I wonder if it would encourage bacteria growth.

Why would you wonder that? We all know what the optimum temperatures are for bacterial growth hence fridges and freezers.

Jon

We have a Washlette in the ensuite.... Marvelous contraptions. Even blow dries the nether regions afterwards. Not overly fussed about the heated seat functions though.

The dude has started using it now, and the cheeky sod keeps turning the water temperature down to the coolest setting; which is only advisable after a curry. Otherwise it gives you a rude awakening in the morning.

@The Real Pin 5

You were first that came into my mind with this. There are cheap copies coming over but never had the pleasure of fitting one let alone a decent one.

Are they more advanced/refined over there and do we get the "last seaons" ones or are they really similar?

The east seems to be so open to tech yet we struggle (well some of us ) to come to terms with changes.

Do you think they would catch on here in "normal" properties rather than the bespoke houses at the minute?

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back