Heated Towel Radiator Relocation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am about to re-site a towel radiator in my bathroom. The bath is not in yet and I would like to place this at the head of the bath. My plan is to have this half way up the wall (like most towel radiators) but I am a but unsure as to the regulations of the pipework.
In this instance I was planning on burying the pipework in the brick wall.
What I am trying to find out is what I need to do, I was going to chase it in, secure it and then plaster over it but need some confirmation as what needs to happen here.
Does it need to be in conduit?
Does it need isolating valves? If so, where would these go? Going to tile floor so they would not be accessible -
Would it be better to dryline the wall? This would certainly hide the pipework but there is going to be a sink there (also being relocated) and also this is where the toilet currently is.
L

Sponsored Links
Chased in is ok. Wrap the pipes in tape to prevent abrasion & chemical damage and clip them. Isolation vales not required (and a bad idea as they can restrict flow)

Going back to this one, considering using the speedfit pipe and fittings on this one. If I was to use plastic, would I just clip into the chase and then plaster over?
Secondly, a lot of people are saying that this needs to be easily accessible - not too sure how this is possible other than to build it outside of the wall (box in) which I would rather not do. This is a towel rad and the pipes will be coming out horizontally out of the wall and into the rad directly (not from the floor up). Also, there will be two elbows under the floor, the floor itself will have laminate on it. Any ideas if this is necessary?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back