Heating boiler controller probs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted this in the Plumbing / Central heating also, but think it's more for you Sparks ,

Hi folks,
Newbie here desperately in need of your help before the cold weather arrives.
Boiler in question is a Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 Boiler 50/4 E

My problem is the hot water will switch the boiler on, but the heating won't.

The controller is a Danfoss SET 3M programmer.

Having looked through the fault finding pages in the manual, it looks as though the switched live isn't happening when the controller switches onto heating.

Is there anything else i can check, a test perhaps to prove it, or do i just need a new controller ?

I have the fire spread all over the living room at the moment, so a quick response would really be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
cant you just put a link between live an dheating to check it all fires up?

if this works a new programmer it is

This all depends on how your central heating system is plumbed and wired.

If your water is gravity fed and your heating pumped then you will have to have the water on to have heating (there is usually a switch on the rear of the programmer to enable this)

If you have a fully pumped 'Y' plan system then i think the same will apply.

If you have a fully pumped 'S' plan then either hot water or heating should fire the boiler.

Sponsored Links
If its y plan has it ever worked? As it is very very everso common for idiots to wire up the yplan with incorrrect no. of wires so for boiler to fire during heating demand you have to have hot water thermostat set up high. there is meant to be a hw off feed from the programmer to the cylinderstat nc which powers the motorised valve into the heating position when the hot water stat is satisfied.

If it was wired up correctly then most likely culpret is the mid pos valve,

But anyway it is a job for a person who knows a lot more about heating controls than most. These faults are found all the livelong day many having been there since install many years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back