Should an electrician be wiring gas boiler controls?

Just for the record RF I can LEGALY replace like for like central heating controls in my house and yours. So that is not illegal. And I'd say fixing the sparks cock ups in the wiring Center is ok aswell.

So can we put to bed this now, and just admit the gas mans are even better sparks than the sparks?!!

Sponsored Links
Every year!!! I think not bud. You my get the nic assessor out with YOU every year cause he doesn't like your works. But my mate who is a spark never see's anyone until he upgrades his 17th edition etc.

I can DIY my own house on electrics.

You carnt DIY gas unless your competent to do so. And the only course to prove your competent is ACS. So don't touch wat you don't understand, far to technical for a spark.

You can like for like, but what would be the point of that? You'd be left with what you started with and if that was ok you might as well have just left it.

Don't be silly. When you start to work legally maybe we'll start to take you seriously.

Sponsored Links
Think I have now proved gas work is far more regulated than electrics. Agile wat have you started over here?!!

Right enough of the wind up!! I respect the sparks really they do a good job and Everyman to himself !! Good fun that tho RF?!!

Every year!!! I think not bud. You my get the nic assessor out with YOU every year cause he doesn't like your works. But my mate who is a spark never see's anyone until he upgrades his 17th edition etc.

You'll get him out much more often than once a year if he doesn't like your work.

I guess your mate is like your self an illegal unregistered installer then if he never sees anyone.

I can DIY my own house on electrics.

You are still legally required to notify some work. If you were competent to be carrying out electical work for your customers, you'd already know this of course. :rolleyes:

You carnt DIY gas unless your competent to do so. And the only course to prove your competent is ACS. So don't touch wat you don't understand, far to technical for a spark.

More lies.

I don't need any qualifications at all to do my own DIY gas work.

I don't need any qualifications at all to do my own DIY gas work.

Incorrect. You need to prove competence which can only be done by passing ACS exams.

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/diy-gas.8090/[/QUOTE]

No RF is correct, you need to only need to be competent to do diy gas work in your own home
you would only need to prove competence to for example a court of law

but I hasten to add if you haven't got the correct test equipment and the savvy to use it etc then you are hardly going to be deemed as "competent"

Matt

I don't normally get involved with inter-trade who's better.

Most people I work with are good lads.

However, onlyfitidealboilers you have a low opinion of electricians, but you were quite happy to accept their advice when asking

"iv just fitted a boiler an it requires volt free external controls
what does this mean?? cheers"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back