Heating Coming On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

With the weather getting a bit warmer and gas prices going up I turned off my central heating. But whenever the hot water comes on the rads get warm. I'm got a traditional Vaillant ThermoCompact boiler with mechanical controls on the front of the boiler. I've turned off the heating knob at the front.

Have I missed something?

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Hi,

With the weather getting a bit warmer and gas prices going up I turned off my central heating. But whenever the hot water comes on the rads get warm. I'm got a traditional Vaillant ThermoCompact boiler with mechanical controls on the front of the boiler. I've turned off the heating knob at the front.

Have I missed something?

Cheers,
Is it a new problem? If not, it could be the return pipework not laid out correctly.

Sponsored Links
Quick look up suggests it's a conventional boiler. Do you have a hot water cylinder?
Do you have a Y plan or S plan system?
(1 metal box on the pipes or 2?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back