CENTRAL HEATING PORR WHEN HOT WATER ON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I HAVE JUST HAD A NEW SYSTEM FITTED . IT IS A THERMOCOMPACT BOILER WHICH HEATS HOT WATER TANK AND HEATS RADIATORS.I HAVE FOUND RADIATORS TO BE WARM SOMETIMES THEN HOT AT OTHERS MAINLY THE DOWNSTAIRS ONES . I WAS TOLD IT WAS AN "S" SYSTEM WHICH HAD TWO VALVES ,SO IT DIDNT FAVOUR ANY SIDE OF THE HEATING. I HAVE FOUND THAT THE SYSTEM DOESNT CYCLE ON AND OFF IF HEATING AND HOT WATER ARE ON AND SOME RADS ARE COLD, BUT IF I TURN THE HOT WATER OFF THE RADS SUDDENLY START PERFORMING AND THE SYSTEM CYCLES AGAIN. IT SEEMS AS IF THE HOT WATER IS BEING FAVOURED OVER THE HEATING

Sponsored Links
All rads should warm up together, more or less. If not, and it is all new, the radiators need "balancing". Basically, turn down the rads which work best.
It's also possible on a new system that you have an air lock or two - turn OFF the hot rads to push air through to the cold ones.

If your heating isn't working when the HW is on, it sounds like the wiring may be wrong

Call the installer back!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back