noisey pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had a new heating system fitted and it is a thermocompact boiler which also heats up a hot water tank. i have had a problem with if the hot water and heating were both in demand , the hot water was being favoured over the heating . it has two zone valves . the installer came back today to fit a gate valve in the hot water pipe to restrict the flow which he said would overcome this problem.i have put heating and hot water on and i am getting a noise in the pipe to or from the hot water tank its like water flowing then stopping and so on , like its pulsing "is this air"? please help

Sponsored Links
Could be - call the installer back. But first, look for a bleed point on the pipes which go into the side of the hw cylinder. That could be operable by fingers (pliers if tight) or a small square to be turned with a key or spanner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back