Heating controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to connect up my underfloor heating. I need a live, neutral, earth and a switch live from the boiler. I plan to take all four from the boiler connection for isolation purposes.

The only problem i have is i havent really done much with boilers so want to make sure i get it right as a new PCB will be expensive :D

Going in the boiler is a mains input connector, it includes brown, blue and G/Y cable then has a black wire with a link to another connection. Therefore i intent to take my Live, Neutral and earth from this point.

There is also a timer which has 4 connections, brown, blue and 2 black connections. The timer has a 3 way switch, off, timer and on.

The switch live from my underfloor heating is to turn the boiler on when only the underfloor heating is required and none of the rest of the heating system.

Can anyone advise me on where to connect my switch live?

Thank you for any help

Sponsored Links
Er, is the make/model of your equipment some kind of secret?

Its a Baxi Condensing boiler 105 HE.

I did not put it on its own circuit so when i turn off the isolation for the boiler it turns off all the heating. I did think about spuring off a socket close to the controls but was adviced to take feed from boiler.

Sponsored Links
Unless your heating is on all day, you will need separate controls for u.f. as it has about 2 hour lag. You will also need to flush the system, and re-balance it to keep your boiler working properly. If you do this job the wrong way, your heating will still work, but your gasbill will be considerable higher than necessary and you could reduce the live expectancy of your boiler by half. Blowing your pcb is the least of your worries.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back