Heating costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Can someone please give me an idea of the comparison in costs between having a radiator on or off.

I have a total of 10 rads and 3 towel rads. While I am finishing off work to my property 3 of the rads are heating up an area where we are not living.

They are big radiators (around 10,000 BTUs each).

Would their be a big difference in costs if these were turned off.

They only reason they are left on is to dry clothes now and again.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Turn them off and close the door, that should keep the warm air in the heated areas.

This will reduce your bill.

But be prepared to pay for frost damage to the heating system in that area. ;) ;)

Thanks.

I'm assuming that due to the volume of water in those 3 rads not having to be heated, it will save the boiler being on longer.

However someone has told me that there's not much in it.

I have a monitor for my electric, so I can see exactly what things are costing, but I don't for the gas.

Is there a way to know roughly how much.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
deuce22";p="1811361 said:
Thanks.

Cheers.[/quote

Check how many units you use on your gas meter over a 24 hour period with the rads on and then with them off. ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back