Bathroom radiator size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have reviewed some previous posts but I am not sure they have given me the answer.

I am replacing a bathroom radiator that was always too small. According to some of the calculators I need about 900 watts or 3500-4500 BTUs, depending on the calculator. Room is 3.7m x 2.4m x 2.6m. Room is above kitchen, has one external wall (220mm brick) with a 2.4m sq DG window. Above is part sloping/flat roof with no insulation (1/3), part insulated loft (2/3).

Looking at the same radiator on different website it has different reported wattages and BTUs.

Could you advise whether this radiator would likely meet the needs of the room?
https://www.hudsonreed.co.uk/products/traditional/heating/heated-towel-rails/HT339

It is variously reported as being 3029-3996 BTU at 60 deg, or 888w-1171w on different websites (definitely same rad with same product code).

On a separate note, is there any reason why there would be different wattages and BTUs at the same temp?

It has taken all day to get the the pipes so don't want put in a rad that is too small and have to do it all again!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just overcompensate and get a rad that looks right, visually. You can always turn it down but can't turn an undersized rad up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. I am struggling as the rad has to go in a tight space, only 650 mm wide between shower cubicle and chimney breast, so my options for a powerful radiator are limited.

I will see if I can find a more powerful one that meets with the approval of the management.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back