Heating dilemma can any one please help???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

This is my first post and I would be grateful for any advise or suggestions.

I live in a ground floor flat that has economy 7, night storage heaters and my hot water is supplied by a direct vented water tank with 1 immersion heater on economy 7 and the other as a booster.

The problem is that the hot water pressure from the tank is terrible.

I have thought about installing a pump but the noise levels of the one's I have heard are terrible some sound like hovers and because it must be situated in the bathroom Im not keen on this solution.

I have looked into gledhill torrent and pulseCoil systems and think this type of system sounds ideal it's vented so does not need a maintenance check and there is no need to inform building control but most imortanly it will give me mains pressure hot water which is currently 4.0 bar.

I would like to be able to add radiators at some point too.

Could any one tell me what the difference is between the two systems mentioned above apart from the price.

I must mention that converting to gas is a no no due o cost 9k to have it piped to the house!!

Any help, suggestions or advise would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
If you want to add radiators you'll need a boiler of some sort, your current electric supply almost certainly won't be up to the job and in any case it'd be hideously expensive to run.

If you can't get mains gas how about LPG (bottles) running a combi boiler?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply muggles, LPG is out of the questiondie to storage.

Does any one have an opinion on glendhill torrent or pulsecoil bp???

Also does any onehave experience of an electric combi???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back